Changing Focus is Hiring a Coordinator
Mental Health Professional
GROUP COORDINATOR – Crofton, MD
Established Non-profit (over 37 years) is seeking MARYLAND CERTIFIED or LICENSED Mental Health Professional to lead a weekly psycho-educational support group. This job entails making a 30-45 minute large group presentation each week to a group of up to 30 people on issues surrounding separation, divorce and bereavement. You will also monitor small group break-out sessions with trained volunteer facilitators where the evening’s topic is further explored. We offer established curriculum, yet encourage academic freedom to reflect current trends in the literature. This is a highly autonomous position. Supervision will be provided and appropriate observation and feedback will be conducted with the successful applicant.
The following skills are required:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a Mental Health related field.
- Be certified or licensed.
- Have experience in individual or family counseling.
- Have large group public speaking skills – a must.
- Be able to tie written materials to verbal presentations.
- Be comfortable referring patients for individual therapy.
- Be able to work as part of a team with trained volunteer facilitators.
What we offer:
- Monthly salary commensurate with skills.
- Independence to develop innovative programs.
- Established curriculum materials from which to draw.
- An adult population in great need.
- Professional exposure to the community.
Please respond in confidence by February 15, 2016 via e-mail, phone or U.S. mail to:
Changing Focus, Inc.
1657 Crofton Parkway
Crofton, MD 21114